Good morning!! We are one day closer to the weekend and that makes me very happy! I don’t know about you, but it seems like this week has gone by pretty fast!
First of all people, it is my BIRTHDAY MONTH!! I don’t know how I let that one slip from any of my posts from this month up to now, but YES! I claim this whole entire month as my birthday month, which means I should be treated like the birthday princess day in and day out...hahahaha. Yeah, right.
Anyways, let’s jump right into what’s been going on around here!
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst was fantastic.
I absolutely loved this book and definitely recommend it. I finished it in 5 days after starting the book, in between working, and rereading some important parts. It was exactly what I thought it was going to be. I actually found great comfort in her words and loved her ability to explain real life examples and relate them to God’s word and His love for us. I think I really liked it because I could relate to her writing, I couldn’t relate to all of her experiences, but I could relate to her heartache and her vulnerability and in turn think about my personal experiences that need work. I definitely grew from reading it, and to be quite honest…I wrote that super scary vulnerable post after finishing the book, and after reflecting on myself. This book made me feel like I am not alone and made me realize God’s love is bigger than any hurt, rejection, or insecurities I may have.
- After completing that book, I dug into Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis.
This book was equally as great as Uninvited, but there were some chapters and things that I just couldn’t relate to at all and I probably could have just skipped right over them. (Like, I am not a mother). But, I really liked Rachel’s writing; she started each chapter with a lie you believe about yourself, relates them to her own life experiences, and then lists the tools she used to help her overcome that lie. She is honest, embarrassing, hilarious, vulnerable, and straight up….which I really liked. Because honestly, I am over reading books written by my favorite celebrities (or housewives) that tell me all about their amazing lives that are probably a little pixie dusted. (Or rather, if you don’t speak Disney terms: fake). The last chapter was what really resonated with me and got me wanting more. Rachel writes “Only you have the power to change your life.” BOOM. There it is. *If you follow me on Instagram, I posted a picture of this page on my story yesterday…I just loved it so much and was reading it over and over. Because seriously, this isn’t rocket science. ONLY YOU have the power to change your life. Not any one else. Rachel encourages you to go out there and do it, don’t wait for someone else to do it because it’s not going to happen.
- As for now, I am digging into Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist. When I get done with that one, I will let you all in on what I thought about it 😉
- On the fitness end of things, I’ve been trying to add in more core work this week (vacation is in 40 days ya’ll, and that means I’ll be rocking a bikini all day in 40 days, for 8 whole days…yikes), mixing in some HIIT runs, as well as running and incline walking. Now side note: when I say walking, it’s pretty much just really fast walking…because apparently I walk really fast and don’t know how to walk any slower sooooo I pretty much put my treadmill at speed 4.7 to start off with walking. (When I run, I start at 6, and go up to 7 if I am not doing speed intervals).
- Here’s what it’s looked like so far: Monday started with a 45 minute mix of running and walking, then I got on my yoga mat for 15 minutes of ab work. Tuesday morning I was feeling pretty tired (even though I slept for like 9 hours that night, sorry not sorry) and didn’t really want to push myself that hard so I ran an easy 3 miles, got in a 3 minute plank, and called it a day. Yesterday (Wednesday) involved 20 minutes of ab and arm work, then a 30 minute HIIT run. And finally, this morning I did 40 minutes of a mix of running and incline walking, and then a quick 15 minute bodyweight circuit workout. I have some pretty serious and killer stomach cramps going on (thanks, lady friend), so I am dealing with that today…yuckkkk. Along with those morning workouts, I’ve been sneaking in quick bursts of exercise throughout the evening to combat the “just sitting on the couch being lazy, watching tv” thing all night.
- Speaking of watching tv, I am psyched to dive into the Real Housewives of New York City tonight…I was so tempted to just watch it when it was on last night, but I decided to wait until today to watch on my DVR. As for what I did watch; Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, which that latest episode was boring. My strong dislike for Lisa Rinna is going to be on full blast during the next episode though, because when they showed clips of what’s to come it looks like she is in lingerie, and I just about rolled my eyes into the back of my head. Like when her and Kyle were dancing in that bar in Berlin….ughhhh, Lisa, just stop.
- I also caught up on The Arrangement. Guys, I am obsessed with this show. It’s one of those shows that you get pissed off that it is at the end of an episode and can’t wait a whole week to watch the next one. I want more!!
- Happy happy Thursday!!! I hope you have a fabulous day! XOXO ♥♥
What have you been up to this week?